PART 1 - Understanding your skin
Excluding a skin condition, such as eczema, and assuming your skin is just red and dry in general, here is our interpretation of what your skin might be going through. Dry skin is always a sign of loss of moisture and skin's inability to replenish and keep moisture locked in
When your skin's defence mechanisms are not working properly, dry skin is more susceptible to irritation and inflammation, resulting in redness in addition to the dryness. Hence, you end up with red skin, on top of the dryness. Here are some of the environmental aggressors that are not doing your skin any favours:
- cold weather and dry air
- exposure to harsh chemicals in soaps or other products
- washing the skin excessively
- unbalanced skin PH
What does your skin need?
- To reintroduce moisture into your skin. If you live in a cold and dry environment, your skin dries way faster than usual. You need to make sure you add moisture back into your skin throughout the day.
- To lock the moisture in. Locking moisture into your skin requires taking proactive steps to help your skin absorb more water. Use ingredients that lock that moisture inside your skin and keep it plumped.
PART 2 - How to care for your skin
- 2 in 1, isn't it awesome? Your daily hot shower is the best time to care for your face. The hot and humid air softens the dead cells, allowing them to come off easier and increases skin's permeability allowing water to get into the skin faster. After a hot and steamy shower, your pores are opened and have absorbed plenty of water.
- Lock in the moisture. It's time to take advantage of that hot steamy bathroom and lock in the water that's in the air and entering your pores. Apply a nourishing, but an occlusive barrier. The most effective are oil-based products because they keep the water inside your skin and keep the outside stressors out.
- Easy steps. Since you may have more time at night to dedicate to your skin, enjoy these easy and effective skincare steps While in the shower, the hot steam softens the top skin layer. It makes it the ideal time to exfoliate the dead skin cells and the build-up. Mix a bit of Pore Hustler™ and JOMO Mask™ to make a gentle scrub. Take a bean size of the scrub and gently rub it on your face. Most of the heavy grime will come off easily. Use the bamboo towel to wipe everything off. Continue with the shower, and by the end, your clean skin would have had enough time to absorb the much-needed water.
The last step of your night routine should be locking in the moisture with Groovy Glow™ face serum.